Monday, March 5, 2012

DIY- tribal Asymmetrical skirt made from a mans shirt



 so, a few weeks ago, I was given a big bag full of clothes from my flatmate and good friend michi, which I was supposed to donate to the kids the childrens home where i work this happened around the same time as I baught my sewing machine, and half of the things in the bag got turned into other things, so the poor kids only got half of the stuff they should have...:S

I was particularly happy with this Asymetrical skirt that i made out of a mans shirt.

Tutorial:
I started off my cutting the arms off the shirt, and removing the collar and shoulder area.

 I was then left with a  tube( which one can see below)

 I measured the tube on myself, by trying it on inside out and pinning on both sides till it was relatively tight fitting.  I then cut the skirt along the lines where i had pinned the material. Then left one side open and lay it out on the floor in order to cut the Asymetrical from of the skirt(see below) the curved line was then hemmed.
 I then hemmed the top of the skirt, I folded over about two inches of material making quite a thick band around the waste

et voila, skirt was finished.I am delighted with the skirt, it looks great teamed with a chunky belt around the waste and with boots.  I loved the button detal on the rear.
  I hope this tutorial is somewhat understandable
 

2 comments: